View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #8
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I can't boil homosexuality down when I don't even understand it. And since I cannot explain it nor understand it, I can't say whether it is right or wrong.

If we took this approach, then, when it all boils down to it, we are all sinners and homosexuality or heterosexuality is irrelevant. The sin of homosexuality is no different than the sin or lusting after a woman in your heart or whatever other sin we want to pick. I have no list that ranks sin, but I do know that God looks upon sin with the least degree of tolerance.

I think I will put homosexuality on simmer for awhile until we learn more. Until then, I choose to not worry about boiling it down.

I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with FM's talke, btw. Just adding my 2 euros (I converted my thought currency recently as a hedge against the falling dollar).
I don't understand it either. But there are lots of things I don't understand. In fact, if it weren't for the Spirit bearing witness to things, I would probably be an atheist for this reason. But there are an awful lot of things that go into the bucket of "I don't understand it now ... someday it will be revealed".

What I do know is that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and if he says it's wrong, it's wrong. I don't need to know the "why" for everything.