View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM   #25
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
All this said, I doubt most Muslims in France are really all that religious. The riots last year were not about religion. They were about people being fed up with a system that offered them little or not hope of progressing beyond their squalid circumstances. But prime that pump with a little religious bigotry and one could have problems. In other words, β€œAll this yewt, and now this?!?!?!?”
I detest discrimination in all its forms. I think that's unfair(from the human side) and illogical(from the business side). Its just stupid.

As far as your description of descrimination against muslims in france goes, I can't help but wonder how a white french citizen would be treated if he were to emigrate to Iran with his family and live there. Not that those muslims living in france would be somehow reponsible for that - I'm just guessing that the muslim theocracies go even farther with the concept then the french.

Not that any of it is right, of course, but its a door that swings both ways.

Its a nasty problem to be sure. As AA stated above, if it were easy it would be solved by now.