View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa

If you argue against it, then I suggest you never ever look up anything regarding stats while he was at BYU. Those who hate him, will always find an irrationl reason to counteract factual results on the field.

Love him or hate him, it is a fact, a proven fact that he's been a fantastic offensive coach.
Bingo!

I agree Rocky...it isn't just happenstance that pretty much every QB Chow coached had success. When Leinart goes top 5 this year, he'll have coached 3 QB's drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft in recent years.

Carson Palmer was a wonder kid coming out of high school and had a less than stellar career going into his senior year. His Junior year ended by USC scoring 6...count'm six points against the Utes...to go from that to a split title in one year? Pretty damn remarkable if you ask me.

Chow can coach, he's a great OC. I'd be interested to know if he had any interest in the Miami OC job. I think he's holding out for a head coaching gig, but regardless of where he is, he'll have success.

He and BYU parted ways and obviously both sides aren't over it. Maybe Chow did become Apathetic towards the end there at BYU, but when you put into a program what he did and get told you aren't going to be the guy...you'd be bitter too. And Cougar fans cannot go around crediting every other coach but Chow for their success.