View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 04:30 AM   #34
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
The problem with prying into the "big ones" is it leads to more questions and questions lead to wanting more details...which leads to more questions,,,which leads to jealousy and a big fight and bad feelings.

If someone could ever just say yeah..."I did this" and leave it at that fine...but that rarely is what ends up happening and the end result is typically resentful feelings towards each other.

I do think if someone has a history of substance or physical abuse then that is without question something that needs to be addressed, but in the case of sexual sins before marriage....a simple yes or no ought to suffice....the problem is....it rarely does suffice or satiate ones curiousity. It often makes the interrogator thinking they have a right to know more than they actually do.
I'm sure that's a possible scenario, but would you rather have that happen after the wedding? Might as well be beforehand so you both know what you're getting into. Although if you've dated a guy that does have that past, and a guy that doesn't, there really shouldn't be any need to ask.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote