View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #31
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post

I believe that just change of face and personality in the White House will help. Sort of like when Crowton left BYU, any warm body not named Crowton was going to help right away by simply not being his predecessor. I don't really mind Obama on foreign policy because, as I say, I think he will not do anything radical as commender in chief. I will likely vote against him for two reasons: (1) liberal jurists (2) he is perhaps the most liberal member of the senate.
Very well put. There's no way to go but up from the current administration. I also think you're correct about Obama and foreign policy--he's wise enough not to shake anything up too much.

You're second point is what I'm amazed that everyone seems to be overlooking. I'm finding all these people who are talking about voting for Obama, but who would NEVER vote for Clinton. You press them on it and they have no idea why, other than he's trendy and "shiny". This guy has the most liberal voting record in the senate. I don't have a problem with Calicoug voting for him as he obviously has liberal opinions. But Obama's got this huge voting block that have no idea why they're voting for him, and I think they'll get a rude awakening to find out that he's nothing new--it's standard Ted Kennedy liberalism.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote