View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
It is brutal. The Utes have three real stars--BJ, Asiata and Casteel. Losing the running game would make it tough but BJ is enough of a threat that he may be able to keep teams honest in how they defend the pass. But now losing BJ, I would be surprised if any team doesn't have 8 guys just sitting back chilling because they know the Utes won't be able to run on them.

Unless one of the other RBs turn into something quickly, Grady is in a lot of trouble. With a good RB, Grady may have been decent enough to move the ball thru the air as well. Lose the running game and an average QB in Grady becomes quite a bit less than average.

I agree, if the Utes somehow turn this all around...KWhitt deserves a medal of honor. Sadly, I don't know how he will be able to get to those 7-8 wins. I am hoping though, I am hoping.
Calling Grady an average QB is being very generous imo. He looked horrible. He might have been better if he'd been playing under different circumstances, I don't know. Based on last night's performance though I would call him below average.

Were I an ute, I would be far more concerned about the fact that Casteel appeared to be the only one on the ute team who was aware that there are 4 quarters in a football game. If he could have done it on his own I'm certain he would have. Props to him for playing hard the whole game...and KW better do something about the rest of the team that seemed to go into damage control mode early in the 4th.

I feel bad for Johnson and Asiata as individuals. You never want to see someone get hurt, especially as bad as Asiata did. I don't really feel bad that the utes are going to suck though.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote