View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

In Italy's biggest newspaper (by biggest, I mean the one with the most circulation throughout the entire country - kind of like USA Today) Il Corriere della Sera, the writer called it a war. He was critical that the Italian team was unable to do anything despite a man advantage and said that the American team should be praised as "fighters who never give up".

The few other papers I looked at were of the opinion that the US is now to be considered a formidable foe.

All thought Di Rossi got exactly what he deserved and all were also of the consensus that the two US players shouldn't have gotten a red card - they thought the referee was too quick to card both US players like that.

All in all, they were impressed enough with the US team and one writer in a smaller paper in Palermo thinks that the US will only be happy until they dominate all sports worldwide - he even mentioned that the US is the only country capable of doing so, so why not want to dominate it all?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote