Thread: We're screwed
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #249
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I'm just curious which candidate is the Pope and which is the Caliph.
I figured it would go over your head.

From President Uchtdorf:
Quote:
Perhaps there is no better laboratory to observe the sin of pride than the world of sports. I have always loved participating in and attending sporting events. But I confess there are times when the lack of civility in sports is embarrassing. How is it that normally kind and compassionate human beings can be so intolerant and filled with hatred toward an opposing team and its fans?

I have watched sports fans vilify and demonize their rivals. They look for any flaw and magnify it. They justify their hatred with broad generalizations and apply them to everyone associated with the other team. When ill fortune afflicts their rival, they rejoice.
If he had used political parties in his example instead of sporting rivals, I wonder if it would have made a lick of difference.
Both parties have their strong points and their weak points. Both have made great decisions and poor decisions. Sadly for you though, is that all of the jarring that you engaged with CaliCoug in 2008, only to have your party lose the election, seems to have cut you deep.

Last edited by ute4ever; 05-31-2012 at 05:05 PM.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote