View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I am unimpressed by the process altogether.

This is a sport, and it's supposed to be entertainment and to show spectators who is the best.

So in sport, where money's involved, competitors try to gain an advantage. Once one athlete tries to do something another wants to stay even.

I just want to see Americans win, or some athlete from somewhere else who captures my imagination. I don't believe an athlete "cheating" to gain an advantage in terms of athletic performance by enhancements is worthy of the scrutiny involved.

We have real crimes, such as murders, stolen money, stolen merchandise, insider trading, which go unnoticed and unprosecuted. To chase after athletes is a waste of taxpayer monies.

I just want to watch the athletes play or win. I don't care of Barry Bond juiced or what Alberto Contador did. I enjoy watching the chases. That is what I pay to see. I assume they are all cheating but still enjoy the performances. Some push the boundaries further than others.

In basketball, the players game the referees to get them not to call something or to cause the refs to call a charge even if it is not really a charge. I see these sorts of enhancements along the same lines.