View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #31
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I knew what you meant. To me, it just didn't make sense as a response to what I posted. If I suggest that Powell's endorsement is consistent with his history, then it seems fair to infer that I believe there's a pattern well enough established that one could determine whether his endorsement follows.
What I don't know, as advocates will sift through pronouncements to find those consistent with their advocacy, ignoring inconsistencies hoping the adversaries fail to find them, is what you left unaddressed, despite your usual thoroughness. That was my point. I am unfamiliar enough with Powell's political leanings to be ignorant if he has spoken in an otherwise inconsistent pattern but if such matters have simply not been presented. That was my inartfully articulated point.

For example, I am not that convinced Powell forcefully opposed Bush's plans, as he was one of the speakers for many of Bush's plans, so it seems, he has engaged in Monday morning QBing. Because I am unfamiliar with Powell's politics I am unable to dissemble your argument, so you being academically minded, I was simply picking your brain to see what you left unsaid.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-20-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote