View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #21
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
OK, sorry. I guess I've just never seen you write anything funny, so I didn't know you were being sarcastic. My bad.

FWIW, I don't really have any desire to defend Nike or their shoes. My gripe is with people who are asked for advice about running and the first thing out of their mouth is how "evil" Nike is. You are aware that Dan Browne ran a 2:11 Twin Cities Marathon wearing Nikes? That Dathan Ritzenhein will be running in the 08 Olympic Marathon wearing Nikes? That Meb Keflezighi runs every marathon he races wearing Nikes? I guess I'm failing to see how Nike has abandoned runners.
So a celeb runner uses Nikes through its sponsorship? That's not proof the shoe company is doing anything for the average runner, which most of us are.

I imagine for the celebs, they don't get the off the shelf shoe either but get the special shoe nobody else can buy.

I stand by my claim that Nike has abandoned the average runner. They do not have an adequate mid sole support and lack sufficient heel support.

I like the Sauconys, the Brooks and Asics, but have never liked the Addidas or Nikes.

One should go to the shoe store, but needs to examine what shoes are sold there. If a brand is unavailable there, that will show a bias against a certain maker.

There are only a few off road shoes to wear whatsover, those with kevlar middles.