View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I cringe thinking about the ...

... lock-down the church took on 'intellectiaulism' in the early 90s (hopefully it is not starting up again after the Grant Palmer saga).

Anyway, I highly recommend Gileadi. I have contact with someone who knows him personally. His book "The Last Days, Types and Shadows from the Bible and Book of Mormon" is a must read. I can not say enough about it. Gileadi WILL change your paradigm on Isaiah. He may not convert you to his way of seeing things, but he will make it so that you never see Isaiah the same way again (which is a very good thing since most people give no thought to Isaiah, thinking it too hard to comprehend). His sticky point with a lot of people is the Davidinc Servant (the Hand, etc.). His Literary Message of Isaiah is well done, IMO.

Vogel has some good books out with some good info in them, even if one does not agree with all of his views.

Quinn is, frankly, a must read as well. His heirarchy series and his Magic world view, though debateable in many specific instances throughout, are quite compelling in many other instances throughout. Quinn also has a fantastic talk out on post-manifesto polygamy. Another must read.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote