View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #43
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Fair enough. I simply get tired of the chattering naboobs every now and again.

I'm not opposed to the church putting out its own materials, or providing some "extra-curricular" venue for discussion on these topics. I just don't think the block is the time to do it.

I'm not sure the vacuum is as large or as empty as folks around here think it is. I think there's some good wisdom in not deigning to respond to the barking dogs everytime they yap (what I should've done with SoCal and Arch, I suppose). We haven't armed our missionaries (our "front line" you might say) with this sort of "ammo" in nearly two centuries and seem to be doing just fine.

But again, I'd be supportive of such an effort, so long as it took place outside the thrust of our theology-based curriculum.
You think the church would ever actually provide a venue for discussion of controversial topics? Also, by what standard are the missionaries "doing just fine"? Surely you don't think the church is happy with the current trend.

It also seems as if you're still under the impression that antis are the source of all the facts not included in official church literature. This isn't the case.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote