View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
I don't understand the animal activists who oppose culling when it actually is in the best interest of the entire ecosystem. Not sure that is the case here, where the roundup of mustangs appears to benefit the cattle rancher; but the true principle remains that death to artificially large animal populations is healthier for ecosystems, and the animal activists who put the welfare of individual animals above the health of the entire ecosystem seem very shortsighted to me.

Deer out here in the East are like rats; they're pests with no surviving natural predators.

As an aside, the range and high country in the West is an absolute mess due to the BLM's subservience to the ranchers. We need to reclaim the natural resource of the highland prairies before they all disappear like our prairies in the plains have.
They're nihilists. Their attitude is, "America, you've fucked up the ecosystem so totally beyond repair or redemption that to go out slaughtering animals to fix it is just obscene and pointless. Everything is doomed anyway." That was the attitude when the California sea lioins were pigging out on and wiping out the steelhead run behing my house.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 07-07-2008 at 11:02 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote