View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #33
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I bought a Motobecane roadbike from that website. it was a good bike for the price.

none of us have any experience with any of the other bikes on that website. you may want to try Richardson Bike Mart near white rock or up in Richardson, talk to their shop people. Also the Performance Bike at Walnut and 75. Bikes will be pricier at RBM, but the advice will likely be better as well.

Nothing wrong with motobecane bikes. Mike, you look at the hybrids and tell me you think those wheels are a good idea.

I actually like the looks fo the Mtbs for the price, although you will not want to have such aggressive knobby tread for the road (and btw the smooth tires are called slick, not bald. Bald is old and worn out.)

Mike may have given you the best advice, however, go to a store and ride the bikes before you buy. Tlak to somebody there (hopefully sombody middle aged with a gut as opposed to some 19 year old that is stick thin) and get thier input on your situation. Rely on them. Don't forget that what feels most comfrotbale for 3 minutes in a parking lot will almost certainly not be what feels comfrotable for 1 hour or more on the road, so let them guide you and make sure it fits, as this will be very important to your enjoyment over time.

Last edited by creekster; 02-28-2008 at 08:56 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote