Thread: Alligator?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Alligator?

I walked over ot the Ballard food festival today with my little ones. There was a booth with some pretty good looking Cajun food. My daughter yelped, "I want some of that chicken." They had chunks of brownish meat deep fried on a skewer with Cajun spices.

I asked the lady, is it chicken? She said it was "alligator tail." I asked, "for real, or is it chicken?" She looked a little disgusted, and said, "Do I have to answer that?" My daughter was begging so I got it for her and we shared it. It was delicious, like chicken but more dense like pork. I still don't know what it was. The sign didn't say it was anything other than "alligator tail." I looked on the Internet, and apparently alligator is indeed eaten deep fried.

You deep southerners, is it possible I ate alligator? I'm not grossed out or anything. In fact if it's available in bags like Tyson's chicken I'm going to get more of it. It was really good.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote