View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #42
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
It's not really that complicated. The guy used the name of the church and one of its most iconic activities to market a calendar that by association portrayed both the church its missionary force in a questionable light, to put it politely. Quite simply, the church didn't want to be associated with it.

That, I imagine, is what landed him a disciplinary council. His belligerence about it is possibly what landed him the judgment. Notice that other councils convened on other participants chose to not take any action.

While certainly possible (and I don't rule it out), it moves us from reasonable speculation to wild speculation, so I don't see much point in discussing it.
I don't really care that they exed him. I do wonder what is the questionable light he put the church in. I can see how bare chested men in a calendar might put the
FLDS in questionable light, but only an idiot would think ill of the church seeing the calendar. Do you think any sane person thought the calendar was church sanctioned?
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote