View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #34
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I really don't have a lot of sympathy for those high-minded people who have excuses for not getting involved, or disparage good organizations for this reason or that.

"I abandoned my responsibility to help young men in the church grow and develop because of [insert bullshit reason here]."

"I loved scouts, but I find it so morally reprehensible that scouts don't [insert bullshit reason here] that I cannot be involved."

Fact is the church and scouts don't need dope-smoking riff-raff as leaders anyway.

So, I guess it is a WIN-WIN.

One of my friends, who is estranged from the church, whom I approached about being involved in my troop....I expected him to possibly say 'I don't agree with scouting policy on...therefore I cannot in good conscience..."

Nothing of the sort. Due to time/work he is not involved, but I hope to pull him in eventually.
I know what you mean. Just the other day I heard some old geezer who lived as a young man in Germany in the '30's and early '40's say: "I loved the Hitler youth, it taught so many things about discipline, self-reliance, and pride in one's community and nation, but I it found it so morally reprehensible that the HY [insert bullshit reason here] that I could not remain involved."

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 06-09-2006 at 08:44 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote