Thread: Diet tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #28
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
You'll be most successful keeping the weight off if you make a permanent lifestyle change (which I'm sure I didn't actually need to tell you), so unless you're planning ong eating protein bars and vitamins you probably better start looking at smaller portion sizes, more fruits and vegetables, no soda, cut the sugar, limit the meat, and you should make sure to drink milk.

There was an article in National Geo a while back about an enzyme that is found in cow's milk that helps your body break down fat. It's apparently only found in milk, not other dairy products...or maybe milk was just the best source, can't remember. Either way, point is that drinking at least skim milk will help.
I think that you're right. One of the biggest problems that people that diet have is that once they get the weight off, they change their eating habits to reflect the new loss (somehow one feels better about eating fast food if he or she is excercising).

For a specified period of time, the protein bars aren't bad, but you're right, for the long term, lifestyle and menu changes are important...the vitamins should be a constant.