Thread: Diet tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #27
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
When I participated in a fitness challenge two years ago, I would eat one of those 300 calorie protein bars for breakfast and couple that with one of those one a day weight loss vitamins. I figured that if I was going to go to the trouble of swallowing a horse pill sized vitamin, I might as well have it help me lose weight.

During that 10 week challenge, I lost 40 pounds. I've sadly put it back on and am participating in the CB biggest loser contest, so I'm hoping I can get some of it back off.
You'll be most successful keeping the weight off if you make a permanent lifestyle change (which I'm sure I didn't actually need to tell you), so unless you're planning ong eating protein bars and vitamins you probably better start looking at smaller portion sizes, more fruits and vegetables, no soda, cut the sugar, limit the meat, and you should make sure to drink milk.

There was an article in National Geo a while back about an enzyme that is found in cow's milk that helps your body break down fat. It's apparently only found in milk, not other dairy products...or maybe milk was just the best source, can't remember. Either way, point is that drinking at least skim milk will help.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote