View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #27
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Seeing as how none of us have actually seen the bike, or the condition it was in (they claim it had two flat tires and looked beat up) I think it's a little absurd to immediately jump to the conclusion that it was obvious that it hadn't been abandoned. Maybe it really did look battered and abandoned.

I really cannot understand why everyone reads this article and suddenly has all the facts, knows that they're liars and thieves, and is ready to exact the maximum amount of punishment allowable. They made a mistake. I have no idea whether or not they took a bike that was obviously not abandoned or not, and I'm pretty sure nobody here knows that either. There are simply not enough facts in that article to be meriting this kind of reaction.
We know a few things.

They admitted to cutting the lock, something I'd never do unless it were my own bike.

A person rides her bike, locks it up and it's going to look beat up and abandoned after a day? Perhaps it was a beater bike but it sounds unlikely.

And let's put it this way, does a person steal a beater bike or something in reasonable condition? My experience tells me, beater bikes get left and good conditioned bikes are taken.