View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 05:39 AM   #20
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American

I recognize that many honest evaluations of the available evidence show that there is much that is evil at the root of Islam. I don't think that the struggle with Islam will end, however, if we keep bringing it up. If we can separate militant extremism from all traces of the religion of Islam in our own perception, and show peace-loving muslims that there is a place in the world for them, we will have won the most important battle of the war.
I just don't know how we can avoid bringing up the current violence tied directly to Islam. That's tantamount to pretending that its not there because 'we have problems too.' I also don't deny that Mormonism has had its problems but whatever evil was done in the church's name was dwarfed by far by the single act of September 11th.

And lastly, I have no idea how we can seperate Islam from the miltant extremeism within when Islam itself is unwilling to do so. I could accept it more if Islam was struggling terribly to seperate itself from this virus but it isn't. Its inaction in these regards is nothing less than criminal.

I am not condeming Islam and everyone in it. I am just condeming those leaders in control who are perpetuating violence even as we speak towards the west in general and America specifically.

And anyone else who may offend them.