View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 01:27 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Another thing is....my guess....I wonder we have a lot more needy Saints now. Or maybe it has always been this way. People whose lives are wrecks in many ways and the Bishopric and Ward Council are completely subsumed in taking care of those members such that there isn't a lot of energy left over for enhancing the quality of the ward experience otherwise. Instead of being architects, it's like being firefighters.

My guess is that it has always been this way. You look at the needs of the members in the early church pre-Utah, and it was a wreck. You look at the poverty in Utah and surrounding areas, it was a wreck. But they made do.

I just wish we could put a bit more financial resources back into our wards. I'm not asking for a Bishop in jeans, with a rock band, and motorcycles jumping through hoops of fire and Superbowl Sunday football firesides.

I guess the argument is that there is someone on the other side of the world who is getting an experience with the church versus NOTHING with the church, so we better suck it up and that's that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote