View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #39
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote
I guess I'm out of my ever lovin' mind then.

Ask yourself again, If God asked us to give all of our income, property, etc to the church....could you do that? I could.

My ways are not God's ways. Again, if the SPirit confirmed that I was to give my wife to the prophet....why would I deny that?

Heber C Kimball was asked to and he was going to and that's when he passed his test and was eternally sealed to his wife.

But then again, I'm a sheep that doesn't think for myself (tic to the first post you gave us). I can think for myself and if the spirit so dictates, I will comply. Why is that so hard to believe.

(and trust me, I love my wife more than life itself. She is my absolute best friend. I don't know how I would feel if asked to part with her, but I do know, all will work out in the end).
I admire your faith, but the minute a prophet says he wants to do my wife is the minute I'm starting to think maybe this guy isn't really a prophet. If I really thought God wanted me to do something, I would do just about anything (that whole omnipotence thing scares the hell out of me). But some things are going to require more than just a confirmation of the spirit. You give me heavenly visitations with threats of eternal damnation and I'll sign over my wife tomorrow, but short of that my wife is staying right where she is.
What about your man crush on Jake? What would it take to make you give THAT up? ;-)