View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #49
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
UCLA is a much better team at home they are on the road. I don't think they played up to their potential against BYU, as BYU should not have doubled up the Bruins statistically, but BYU played into their hands a bit through stupid errors. Regardless, against BYU I think the Bruins played with emotion. Against the Utes, the Bruins just did not care.

It reminded me of an undefeated UCLA squad in 2005 rolling into Tucson and losing to a two win U of A team 55-7.

Karl Dorrell is a mediocre coach who rarely gets the best from his talent, I think he got enough to be dangerous when the Bruins played BYU.
I partly disagree with you about UCLA against the Utes. UCLA cared until midway through the 3rd quarter when Louks threw the TD pass to Rogers (where everyone went right and Louks threw back to the left). After that, UCLA gave up.

Wusses.

I was hoping that UCLA would score, so I could give them a pity cheer, much like what UCLA fans gave BYU several years ago when the Bruins throttled BYU in the Rose Bowl.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote