View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if any of these people have a gay parent, sibling, or child. And how they would react in those cases. "Hey dad, I'm getting married to my partner. Are you going to be attending the wedding?"

These guys can talk big about how hard-ass they are about the gospel and how they dare not condone "sin". Real world ain't that simple. Nor do I feel it is a gospel principle to not support others, even if their practices and standards are not exactly the same.

I would MUCH prefer my gay sibling to be married and monogamous than to be out there with no steady relationships (I'm not commenting on what his status is--I'm just saying this as a hypothetical).

I feel like this is where the church is really falling down. We see people that are really struggling through what I think is no fault of their own. My brother didn't choose to be gay. He's been through A LOT trying to negotiate being born into this church and being gay. I have tried to tell him that I think there is a place in this church for him, but he doesn't believe me. And now I see that I really have no backing from the church leaders. They don't want him in the church, not if he is accepting of being gay and not ashamed of it. It's really, really dissatisfying for me. And then to be surrounded by saints who are assholes, to top it off.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote