View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I have sympathy because we nearly avoided a tragedy. We had come home from a long outing on a summer afternoon tired and exhausted. Three kids in the car. We get them out, we all lie down to take naps in beds. I'm about to fall asleep when I ask my wife if she brought in the baby. "No I thought you did". We jump up and check and she's still in the car in her baby seat asleep.

Also another time, as newlyweds we nearly killed ourselves in the car. Pull in the garage on a cold winter night, start some nookie going, leave the car on to keep the heater running, yada yada yada, fall asleep in each other's arms, I wake up and realize the garage is filling up with CO and I can barely breathe. We run in the house laughing.
That's what I'm saying. I don't think that people are judgmental to be outraged by this story--hopefully it raises awareness and people take a little extra care. I've been too close to tragedy before, and I have a hard time deciding just how at-fault this woman is without knowing all the facts. I think the number of responses admonishing those who are judging indicates that there are many others who have been in similar circumstances.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote