View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 AM   #34
MLOdawgs

MLOdawgs is on a distinguished road
Default Jake Locker

Jake wasn't that bad... yes he at times got too jacked up and overthrew people, but he also had below average wide receivers dropping passes left and right. Hell sometimes Jake was so excited about playing in the game that he would hold his breath and this would tend to end up with the ball sailing on him. He calmed down as the year progressed. I think you will see a major improvement in his passing game this year. He looked great in the Spring game, very accurate with his throws. He went 7 for 7 on one 80 yard TD drive. I think he finished the game 14 for 17 or something close to that.

The offense was not bad last year, we averaged 29.2 points per game. The major problem was that our defense was the worst in our 118 year history of Washington football. I think the biggest key to the game will be if our new and revamped defense can stop or at least slow down your potent offense. A very large uphill battle for us for sure.

BYU will obviously be the favorite to win this game, but I don't think it will be anywhere close to a cake walk or a blowout. You will for sure have your hands full with Jake Locker:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8

Last edited by MLOdawgs; 07-11-2008 at 07:30 AM.
MLOdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote