View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:05 PM   #19
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I watched this about 50 times during my workout at 24 Hour at lunch today. Mike and Mike had Stu Jackson on and he explained that Duncan wasn't suspended because there was no altercation. Players routinely get excited and jump up and down and onto the court at times during big plays, dunks, when the other team is calling a time out to stop momentum, etc.

Diaw and Amare left the bench and had to be restrained from escalating an altercation that was on the court. Even though one could argue they were on the sidelines and not the court, Stu explained that they were 20-25 feet from their bench. Had the incident and altercation taken place on the sideline opposite their bench and Diaw and Amare reacted the same, that would have put them into the lane.

For once I agree with Stu Jackson here. Also, it was clarified during the conversation with Mike and Mike that he only suggests penalties and suspensions and that David Stern either approves, amends, or vetoes what he recommends.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote