View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
For someone so fatalistic, why do you continue to talk about politics? You apparently have come to the conclusion that nothing can be done to improve the nation or politics. If so, why does your personal philosophy require that you persuade the rest of us that you are correct? Your attempts at persuasion seem to run counter to your fatalism.

I won't even start with your Hillary nonsense.
Unless you know Hillary personally or better than my Arkansas contacts, it's not nonsense. You may naively buy into her crapola, but so be it; you're young and inexperienced.

Unless, you've financed, run and particpated in campaigns from grass roots to upper management, then you won't understand my frustration.

Most people involved in politics start out naively, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, moving from that to the outrage of the newly informed, to the hardened pragmatists who try to get done what can be done until you reach burnout.

These people are scum. They develop this style of never answering a question, never showing true emotion and basically ridding themselves of their own humanity all the while feeding their own egomaniacal tendencies.

There are large movements that change society in a Hegelian sense, but individuals don't make a difference in the macrosense. In your local community, you make a difference, but in the large picture, you're an ant trying to stop a glacier. You can either move aside or move to the top of the berg to ride along, but stopping it won't happen through your actions, despite all the mindless philosophies to the contrary. One affects the micro, not the macro; it's in the math.

Christ was the only exception, and most his accomplishments affected the macro decades later.