View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #43
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I think it is the focus of the leadership.

When you get a congregation of over 100 people, you start thinking about things like your YM/YW programs a lot. And you start wondering who to call as the Family History Expert. And you start a teacher development class.

When you only have 50 members in the unit and you are meeting upstairs from Sbarro in Queens or in the elementary school cafeteria in Nashville, I think the numbers 1, 2, and 3 priorities is going to get the inactive and fellowshipping the visitors and bringing your friends.

Oddly, in the small branches your Sunday school classes are usually better, your youth are more involved. I'll admit that little to no family history gets done.

Wouldn't it be an amazing church if all units were broken down to no more then 100 people and all the buildings were sold off? Imagine the changes in focus. Maybe it would only be doable outside of Utah.
You really only need a bishop for two assignments: the youth and Ward Mission. Everything else should be delegated to the appropriate quorum president (EQ/HP, RS) or a counselor.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote