View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
It's not conclusive. It's a strong indicator that a majority of women should be in the workforce for the good of society as well as their own economic well being and security as well as happiness. I don't need to spell it out to you why the statistic is relevant as to women's proper place, generalizing of course. It suffices to note that those hiring for elite jobs count a degree from an elite university as a leading indicator of any candidate's suitablity for the job.

Tex, are you sure you're not a lawyer? You seem to be so at ease spouting sophistry.
You're arguing with me as though I've disagreed with you, but I haven't (yet).

I'm genuinely curious: why in your mind does high female enrollment naturally lead to the conclustion that "majority of women should be in the workforce for the good of society as well as their own economic well being and security as well as happiness."

It seems like a non sequiter to me. High female enrollment could mean highly educated mothers at home, could it not? I don't see how you get from one to the other.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote