View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I was never able to dunk. I could hang on the rim with ease in high school. I can still grab the rim. Kind of pathetic for a volleyball player. One of the few on my team that couldn't dunk.

I can ollie still. I can also still do a kickflip and pop shove it. I was close on a varial flip last time I tried. Never could 360 flip. I bust my board out every now and then.

My goal is to keep at it long enough so one day when my kids start skating I can be the cool dad and borrow a board from one of them and bust a few tricks on it and then walk into the house without looking back while they're in awe and their friends are telling my kids how cool their dad is.
I still skate, although not as often as I would like. The YM in our ward enjoy surfing and skating, so that makes it easier to do some of the acitvities with them.

We have gone to Etnies in Lake Forest a few times for YM activity. in fact, we are going to the San Clemente park in 2 weeks as a ward YM. there are also 2 large Vans parks that are amazing. It costs about $20 to session, but very worth it. Lots of public parks for free, too.

If you can regularly do kickflips, then you are better than me, no doubt. My ollie comes and goes. A shuv-it is pretty easy. A pop shuv it.....that's another story. I can do basic stuff like manuals, ollies, etc..

I dont know why I cant land a kickflip (other than that I suck). Everytime I try, I kick the board out too far and it just goes flying away. I have never been able to get the feel of it. I will blame it on my being goofy, even though that is not really relevant.

I ollied over a paint can in our garage last weekend. I felt pretty cool.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote