View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Ok, I began to pick up again in losing weight. If some of you recall, at the beginning of the year, I weighed in at 212 pounds. I am 5'11". So, you could tell my sexiness was going out the window.

I lost a bunch of that weight and got down to around 192 or so by the beginning of May. I decided to not be so strict on everything and held steady for a couple of months (gained 1 pound back by the middle of August). Well, back to being strict and I am now in at 186 pounds. My frame can take this weight OK, but I still plan on losing another 10 pounds or so by the end of October.

Not a lot of rocket science to this all...I am now running or walking around 20 miles a week, cut out the candy and I don't eat huge lunches. There are a few other things that have gone into it but those are the main things. It is amazing how easy a few pounds can creep on you and keep on piling on. Before last year, my highest weight was around 190. 200 is not a number I want to see again.
i like the idea of putting up a number for the amount of miles ran/walked each week. for someone who doesn't run or walk often, what is a good weekly goal for someone like me? i'm guessing maybe a realistic goal would be 10 miles? is that enough? if anything it will put me in the right mind set and help me stay focused..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote