Thread: Diet tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 04:06 AM   #15
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
There is a Jamba Juice 3 1/2 miles from home, so I walked there for lunch and it was a 7-mile round trip.

I hear that in the first week it is not uncommon for men to lose a pound a day, but after that you don't want to lose more than 2 lbs in a week.

Two questions:

1) Giving up sugar and soda is a given, but what about Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Mountain Dew? Are there other things in regular sodas besides the sugar that are bad for you?

2) I've been told to stick with high protein foods, like fat free cottage cheese, beef jerky, and tuna fish with no condiments (right out of the can). Peanut butter is loaded with protein, but is high in fat; however I always thought peanut butter has a "good" kind of fat. Are there other "fat" foods that are good for you?
1. Carbonation is pretty not-good for you overall but I don't know if it impacts weight loss/gain.

2. I'd skip the jerky due to salt but otherwise protein is good. Skippy has a newer peanut butter out called Skippy Natural. I'm addicted. It's 10,000x better than old style natural peanut butter, and it's got no trans fat. Salmon is another food that is fatty but in a good way.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote