View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I agree that it is not well-written.

If Kiffin was not a good coach, why would the Volunteer Army be so upset at his departure? If your departure is causing rioting, then you were obviously doing something that the fanbase doesn't want to lose.

His violations at Tennessee have no direct impact on USC, but they are definitely noteworthy.

I think KIff's biggest challenge is his surly attitude and inability to assuage his detractors. Pete had this ability in spades. He destroyed his enemies by making them his friends. Kiff seems to inadvertently piss people off by saying the wrong things even though he means well (I can relate to that....ha). He needs to work on his PR skills and learn to lighten up a bit. The LA Times raked him over the coals in his opener and you could tell he was getting agitated. Mike Garrett (SC AD) had to interrupt the reporter and ask him to move on to the next question because it was getting annoying.

Harmon's predictions don't seem to contain anything beyond conjecture. In his first 6 weeks at Tenn, Kiff put together a Top 5 recruiting class last year. This year his class was set to be Top 10 until the decommits. Also, SC's class is already ranked 7 by rivals. If they can continue to land more commits, it will likely finish Top 5 again. It is a desirable destination for the best players.

These days, no coach is 100% committed. If enough money comes down the pike, the coach will bolt. Recruits should be excited to play for coaches that have a track record of sending players to the NFL.

At yesterday's presser, SC did say that the NCAA meeting re: the Bush/Mayo stuff will be the weekend of Feb 19-21. That should be a long weekend, with SC fans camping outside Heritage Hall, waiting for a white plume or a black plume to waft out of the chimney.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote