View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #47
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

I think it's pretty well founded at this day and age that the definition of "NORMAL" when it comes to child milestones has an extremely wide range. Yes, everybody wants their children to be speaking complex sentences at 2 1/2, but when it doesn't happen I don't think your child qualifies as "behind" in development. Obviously, Levin is ready to take some action, and I think 2 1/2 is a perfect age to do so if he and his wife feel like it is the right thing to do. According to SU's expertise (his genius neices and nephews) my 2 1/2 year old would be developmentally challenged. Complacency is not the issue, no one wants to be complacent regarding their children's health, but not everyone parent needs the opinion of a Dr. to make them feel at ease. In this case, I think a Doctor's visit is in order, but I don't think "urgency" is warranted, that would just make a family anxious and overly worried, and most parents know that your children can feel that nervous and insecure energy, and it ususally isn't the healthiest environment to foster.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote