View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #16
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I was wondering what had happened when I checked the results last night and say that the Olympic distance had swim times but none for the sprint.

There is a couple from my ward that went over and did it. I had to laugh that his transition 1 time was over 10 minutes. If you aren't even swimming, how does T1 take 10 minutes? He is not very competitive in case you were wondering.

T1 transition was because of the line to get out of the damn thing. They were letting a few hundred people start at the water exit at the same time, in front of people finishing the swim mind you. I can totally see it taking him 10 minutes. It took me 4+ minutes and I was toward the front. Most of that time was me waiting in line with my bike to get through the exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't know how Coach did, but I just jogged the run.
I sucked. My strong point is the swim so that did not go well. Biking is next and when we finally got out of the transition it took another 5 minutes to get out to the road where we could actually start moving. As we did that, my brother was having a problem with his rear tire rubbing so I stopped and helped. Then one of the leaders on the olympic distance crashed going over ethe cattle guard. He was messed up. I stopped for a sec but I am not medically trained and there were 3-4 others around him. After that, I practically walked through the desert.

It basically sucked and I don't think I will be going back to that event.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote