Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
If the dems don't advance it, who will?

It would seem that both major parties have been hijacked by the fringes. Perhaps it's time for me to find something else. I wonder what the National Radical Meadow Party is up to these days?
The radical right is better at keeping all of their ducks in a row. I have the sinking feeling that we will have to endure some ugly right-wing politics for a long time. I hope that McCain will be slight correction, but he may very well not get the nomination. After Hillary's stupid comment on MLK day, I have come to realize what a tin ear the woman has. I think she is smart enough to be president, and would probably do a fair job, but after the 'plantation' speach, I realize she lacks her husband's gift for the gab. For a moment, I could totally see her through Snipe's eyes.
I agree with you on all points, save for the Hillary probably doing a fair job comment. IMO, she's the opposite side of the GW coin - she'd do what she wants to do and to hell with everyone else.

I still say our best bet is the Bill the Cat/Opus ticket.
A life with Hillary as president would be living hell. I can imagine nobody who would damage most of our interests here more than she, well mabye Fidel Castro, but there would be few who could do more damage than she. I hope the Plantation Speech is archived for frequent use.

Clinton, Bill that is, had one thing right in his speeches, not necessarily his approaches, in that it applied to his rhetoric, "It's the Economy, Stupid."

If your policies are to dissipate wealth, discourage saving or investment, make work not worthwhile and to radically alter existing structures for personal satisfaction, you will work a hardship on a majority of our citizens.

I could see succession being worthwhile if Herr Hillary ever rode the Plantation as head Plantation Owner.

She is basically a demagogue who believes she's brighter than everybody else, and anybody who disagrees is from the Evil Right Wing.