View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I must admit I found this board quite by accident after a conversation with a ward clerk. I am not an apostate from CougarBoard so not a part of that particular refugee camp. Yet I have found this site to contain a generally high quality of repartee and a good mix of opinions. Personal attacks are minimal and nothing that can't be handled.

More and more, however, it sounds like CG is essentially a little sister to CB. Is the real raison d'etre of CG to serve as a CB auxiliary? Was CG founded to be exclusively a haven for disenchanted CB'ers? Most importantly, is a single woman with a "Yewt" undergrad, a passing interest in football and a liberal religious bent simply out of place here? Be honest, I don't want to be a parody or continue to waste my time and yours. Perhaps a simple mission statement would suffice.
I don't know much about the deep dark history of CG since I'm still pretty new (and BK Packer ordered the archives closed to the general public). I'm a Ute who's never been to cougarboard (except when someone occasionally links to a funny post) and I doubt I ever will. I avoid the BYU sports topics here since I see sports through crimson colored glasses, but nobody's ever made me feel less than welcome.

Keep posting here. You have good things to say.