View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #38
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
Next month I start my 5th year as YM President. This year our budget is 1500 dollars. Highest budget in the ward. YW are next with 1200.

Last year our budget was 750. Bishop took 250 away from us in August. We did nothing from August on in Young Mens because of budget. Bishop understood and the parents were pissed.

I got a call from the Stake Presidency and the one in charge of scouting came and had a sit down with me because of some phone calls from parents.

We had...

0 treats at mutual
0 campouts
0 Merit Badges
0 Court of Honors

We did have clinics but didn't purchase any badges.

My wife and I make good money...but I told him I wasn't going to foot the bill and neither were any of my leaders or Scoutmasters. I told him I would be more than willing to take it out of my tithing as would my leaders. We were told that was strictly forbidden.
Who's to stop you from doing that? I don't get all the rancor. If you all really think lack of reimbursement is a problem, forgive as much extra as you think is fair, and just deduct the rest from your tithing, you have the checkbook and the pen, you don't even have to tell them -- you're square with the Lord, that's all that should matter.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote