View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Natural Urge Apologetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
What do you mean by "being mean"? I do have interactions with lesbians, which has been most pleasant, as no sexual tension there, it was professional and we discuss matters of general interest. I render professional service, they pay and we move on. A great relationship.
Then maybe the way you're coming across here on CG isn't how you intend to come across. Your rhetoric sounds like one of general contempt for all gay people with no willingness to respect them as fellow children of God. OTOH, it sounds like your actual interactions with them are not at all contemptuous or mean-spirited.

Quote:
Being mean, that sounds like something my eight year old would say.
Glad you inferred my implication -- my point there being that most people are the same as they were when they were six years old. We want to have friends and feel like we belong and are willing to disparage others in order to have that sense of social togetherness. Or: we're mean to people we don't like and nice to people we do like. It's "childish" behavior, but at the same time all too adult.

Quote:
The world is a mean place, and making nice is no longer vogue.
Forgive me for dealing in ideals and what *ought* to be. I'm very rebellious that way. In this one case.

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote