View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #14
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
I'll bite.

Many prophets, including BY, have stated that we should attempt to get a spiritual confirmation on whether or not what a church leader tells us in fact true; i.e., whether or not said prophet was truly speaking for the Lord in a particular instance. This implies that prophets are human and fallible.

If you are going to argue that prophets are infallible, then I say good luck. You have a tough job ahead of you.
I don't thing that implies prophets are infallible (I'm not arugueing that they're perfect, but I don't believe that's what the scripture says). I believe the reason we are encouraged to gain a testimony for ourselves is we're more likely to follow and want to follow if we've had a spiritual confirmation for ourselves.

I believe prophets make mistakes, yes. But I don't believe prophets make mistakes that cause millions of people to be unable to participate as a full member in the Lord's Kingdom. I believe the fact that many prophets after BY continued with the ban only strengthens the position that this wasn't some, "Oops, I really messed things up" by BY.

It's right there, in the scriptures, that the voice of the Lord's servants, when speaking as prophet, is the same as the Lord speaking.
stonewallperry is offline   Reply With Quote