View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Thanks. I'm glad you're not still in college. We have one smarty pants guy still majoring in stuff and that's enough.

It looks to me like you have a heretofore undisclosed interest in the bailout. Your narrowing the scope of Waters' question was sort of clever.
Too much is being done too quickly, and I agree many are probably cutting sweetheart deals to be saved. In a perfect world, those causing this fiasco would lose their jobs, their pensions, their assets and in many cases their lives. Too much behind the scenes negotiations and too much money not audited and unaccounted for.

I don't know where to find the article, but I heard of a middle management sort, who participated in the bailout bill, that is purported to have said in response to the question how the 700 billion dollar number was arrived at, "well we just picked a really big number." IOW, there is no substantial support for the dumb number, because the true thinking is, if they're wrong, they'll just go back to the taxpayer.

I hope the morons who did this are prosecuted, and pursued to the ends of the earth.