View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #29
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
My the way, I know this is not conclusive but thousands of years of history across vast reaches of civilization are on my side. There has only been such a thing as stay at home moms in relatively insular and brief places and times, predominantly in mid-twentieth century America.
I think stay at home is better replaced with nurturing co-parent. The stay at home mome phenomenon is the result of major shifts in economics. In most civilizations it was impossible to accomplish, but often the mothers took their children with them to accomplish whatever the mothers did for the benefit of the family's existence. The point is that the concept of a parent being the primary caregiver is not insular and seemingly organic to only mid-twentieth century USA.

I think the traditional mormon family that you are imagining is the result moreso out of a belief about how the children are best served than immutable roles.

Dickhead.