View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
what does that mean? If you are able to marry and impregnate your wife, does that mean your orientation changed from gay to straight?

What you are citing was a much hotter topic about 7 years ago. I've heard much less about it since. I think it's a dying movement.

Would YOU call it a success if your straight daughter married a gay man? I doubt it.
What does it mean? I don't know.

They claimed they no longer were sexually attracted to members of the same sex. Were they honest? I don't know.

Did the change in sexual attraction last? I don't know.

All I'm pointing out is that there are people who have claimed they have successfully changed their orientation and it should be worth some additional scrutiny to determine the validity of their claims and if the claims are valid, determine how the change came about.

Why haven't we heard anything more about it? I think there's overwhelming political pressure not to admit sexual orientation is mutable if that was actually the case.

Furthermore, to claim that sexual orientation is mutable for SOME does not necessarily extrapolate to a claim that it is mutable for ALL.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote