View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

A little bit about the circumstances of the leak:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4428322-1...-leaked-videos

what is interesting is when there is actually disagreement in the quorum. There is no insight into this in these videos.

In the young single adult video above, it's kinda like Packer is trying to tell the Seventies to go back and redo everything but this time focus on the "family." I really didn't understand what he was saying. This was politely deflected.

One wonders what it would be like to be a junior apostle and disagree with Packer.

I also wonder how insular their world is. Like a corporate culture that only promotes from within. There is some value in only calling those whom you know well, that have proven themselves in lesser callings. But the risk is that you never get any new ideas, and you end up "promoting" only the most obsequious.

We have a lot of dynamic Mormons in the world. I wonder how much influence some of these people have compared to ones that are merely entrenched in the local scene.

Gerrit Gong was a Rhodes scholar and fairly well placed in the State Dept, I believe. He's no dummy.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote