View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #32
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
There is a scripture that says something like, "my ways are not your ways nor are my thoughts your thoughts, as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my way than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Just as I think it is not relevant to compare Gods feeling to us as we do say our parents feelings, I also think it is not relevant to compare how we would think if we were an imnipotent being and determine then how God thinks.

It comes down to belief and not scientific conclusion. My belief is God has an interest in our welfare, I can't prove it. I don't mean this in a combative way, but in reality I don't care if you believe it or not. In that way you now know I feel the same way about your welfare as you think God feels about your welfare.
I'm really not trying to be a dick, and I don't mean to belittle anyone's belief in their own personal higher power, but it's something I think about a lot as I try to puzzle through my feelings about God and my place in the universe.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote