View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #30
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
All your comparisons of homosexuality to bestiality, as if there is only one justification for outlawing both and once the justification for one (homosexuality) is rejected, then so too must the justification for the other (bestiality) is an old canard that didn't work for Scalia in his Lawrence dissent, and it's not working for you. It's making you sound like ignoramuses, frankly, and a little hateful.

I point out a news article "that nothing could make me happier" (obviously hyperbole to stress that it really did lift my spirits to see the discovery of a whole population of gorillas), and HFN says he can't "imagine" finding a "greater" news story. If he wanted to make fun of me, then he should have used the same wording. His phrasing is way off.

And bestiality versus discovery of a population of an endangered species? The only thing they have in common is animals.

If HFN was trying to mock, he did a poor job, and those of you who think he was successful, at least you appreciate cheap work, I guess.

And about these accusations of my serious persona or that SU is wound up tight . . . It's the old bully refrain on the playground. Unoriginal, predictable, and easy. Just like bestiality jokes.

Show me something funny, and I'll laugh. I've laughed at lots of things on this board.
Lighten up, Francis.

If your goal is to excoriate HFN even if it was just a poorly executed joke, then congrats, mission accomplished. If you are disgusted by the described behavior, theb you have not been so successful, as this follow on thread only increases the number of persons reading the article and encourages comments about whether it is or is not criminal. There is an old saying I learned in a different scenario that says "if you vote for sh*t like this, you only encourage sh*t like this.". This thread is like a vote for it. If you or SU are disgusted by the described behavior, as I am, I think it would have been much better to ignore HFN's post rather than highlight it. IMO..