View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 AM   #47
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
The best thing about these sitcoms is that they always implored the viewer to continue viewing after the commercial break. I miss that.
What about being told that every show is filmed before a live studio audience? Why don't more shows do that today? "The Superbowl is filmed before a Live studio audience...." or "Predators: Caught on Tape is filmed before a Live studio audience..."

Another thing I miss about old school sitcoms....every now and then, esp when ratings were sagging, you would get the "A Very Special.....(insert the name of sit-com)" episode.

The "A Very Special..." tag usually meant that not only was the episode NOT going to be funny, but it was going to deal with serious issues of the 80s, such as a character contemplating an abortion, or someone being addicted to pills, or someone battling alcoholism.

The hallmark of the "A Very Special..." episode was two-fold:

1. The awkward silence before every commercial break (since there was no laugh track)
2. The closing fade-to-black silent shot as the camera pans out.

Sit-coms usually went off the air pretty shortly after the "A Very Special..." episode, but I miss them nonetheless.

*fade to black*

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte

Last edited by TripletDaddy; 12-12-2007 at 05:01 AM.
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote